Here you'll find a complete breakdown of what’s included in both our one way and return journeys to and from the Overland Track. Overland Track Transport, more than just getting you there.
Launceston to Cradle Mt (Ronny Creek)
- Hotel pick-up from 6:30am from central Launceston Hotels, Motels and Backpackers.
- Free Luggage Storage (For return ticket passengers) 1 luggage item per person (maximum 15kg) additional luggage charges apply.
- Luggage storage and delivery available to Lake St Clair (for one way passengers). Please contact us for prices.
- Brief stop in Sheffield where we can get coffee, have a toilet break and a supermarket for any last minute items. (the only stop between Launceston and the Cradle Mountain visitor centre)
- Transport all the way to Ronny Creek (the start of the Overland Track) Skip the queues at the Visitor Centre and be on the track earlier.
- Assistance with collecting your Overland Track pass and National Parks pass. We stop briefly at the Visitor Centre at Cradle Mountain and help you collect your parks pass and Overland Track Pass, we then continue on to Ronny Creek where you will start your adventure.
- Collection of Fuel and Hire Gear for your walk is available when you are picked up from your Accommodation. Save time by pre-ordering your PLB, fuel/gas, hire gear and maps and we’ll have them ready for you when you board the Overland Track Transport bus.
- Pack fittings at Ronny Creek to make sure you have your pack sitting properly.
- Up to date weather forecasts
- Gear checks and safety briefing.
- And of course, friendly local drivers who have all completed the Overland Track themselves.
Lake St Clair to Launceston
- 2:30pm daily departure from Lake St Clair – the only daily regular passenger service from Lake St Clair. We depart Lake St Clair every single day of the bushwalking season (1st October – 30th April, excluding Christmas day) Pre-bookings strongly advised but tickets available on the day (subject to availability)
- Flexible travel. If you are a day early or a day later finishing the Overland Track than your booking is for, simply jump on our bus (we are there everyday) for no additional charge. * subject to availability
- Transport from Lake St Clair to Launceston in May is under bookings only
- Collection of luggage stored with us while you are on the track.
- Airport drop-offs (arrival approx. 5:15pm)
- Return of hire gear
“We used this company to get to and from the Overland Track from our base in Launceston. The guys are amazing, full of information and handy advice. Andrew was our driver for both trips, great hints and tips and awesome customer service. We hired a PLB (Personal Locator Beacon), bought fuel for our stove and also got luggage storage all through the one company. They offer a great service from pack fitting, gear checks and demos, right down to photographing the start of your hike”. Kara & Dylan – Trip Advisor.May 2018